on Organization of the exercises (covered on 12.03.2014).
on the Leaky Integrate-and-Fire model (covered on 12.03.2014).
on Python and PCSIM (covered on 19.03.2014).
on PCSIM population-based modelling (covered on 26.03.2014).
on STDP in PCSIM and task 4 (covered on 09.04.2014).
on Liquid state machines and task 5 (covered on 21.05.2014).
- You will have to connect to and work remotely on one of our
machines where all software is installed for the simulation-based
- To get access to the institute machines you need to
work inside the university network or connect via tugraz vpn.
- You need a SSH client:
- openssh under linux, mac osx
- and a Xserver display is needed (included in mac osx and
- For Windows we recommend the usage of MobaXterm,
a free Xserver and SSH client.
You may form teams of max. two students to work together on the
problems. Three rules have to be obeyed:
Please use the Newsgroup
to assign yourselves to a group.
- You must name the other team members on the first page of
your submitted solution.
- Everybody must submit his/her own solution and write down
everything in his/her own words. Copying will not be accepted
and leads to a loss of all points for the whole problem set for
all involved persons.
- For programming examples a team may use the same code, but
nevertheless everybody must write an own report.
Use the Newsgroup
if you have any questions regarding the problem sets or any